20 Recommendations for Staying Entertained Inside on a Snow Day!
We asked our readers how their families stayed entertained when they are snowed in. Answers ranged from playing games to playing music and included arts & crafts, baking, reading, watching movies, and kitchen science! Let their timeless ideas inspire you on a snowy day!
20 Recommendations for Staying Entertained Inside on a Snowy Day
- Amy M. writes: “Blokus, Backgammon, Spot It, Clue, puzzles…baking cookies…and what my girls call “book conferences” when we all get in bed and read together.”
- Andrew W. writes: “Play banjo!”
- Gillian B. writes: “Cozy up and read!”
- Aviva S. writes: “We do arts and crafts, and read.”
- Robin S. writes: “Board games!”
- Leah P. writes: “Making forts, baking, arts and crafts, set up our tent for indoor camping!”
- Prudence W. writes: “Games, reading, Scrabble.”
- Samantha W. writes: “Reading near each other, watching movies, playing piano and making soups.”
- Mercedes E. writes: “Baking cookies, reading, playing games.”
- Amy Jean S. writes: “Baking, reading, coloring, playing music and lots of indoor activities that get you moving. My toddler’s favorite is a CD of music with different music for walking, marching, running (in place), skipping and formal walking. And watching the creatures outdoors.”
- Michele L. writes: “Books, movies, baking, cuddling/napping…”
- Mike & Mimi writes: “Creating, music, art, reading, homeschooling, cooking things that require the oven! Dancing! Exercising! Latin music hot hot hot!”
- Jeremia P. writes: “We go outside.”
- Dorothy Elaine L. writes: “Go Crazy.”
- Amy C. writes: Playing Banannagrams. Art projects. Baking brownies.
- Michael M. writes: Games. Reading. Audio books.
- Kate B. writes: V.I.D.E.O.
- Aime D. writes: Coloring, visiting with our awesome neighborhood kids, puzzle.
- Joshua F. writes: Kitchen table science experiments involving snow – predictions and proposed variations can be drawn by the under-literate crowd.
- Sienna W. writes: Make your own bubble recipe and then head outside and blow bubbles. You’ll be amazed in watching them freeze and then deflate!