Hilltown Families on Mass Appeal: Learning through the Lens of Independence Day
Hilltown Families on Mass Appeal:
Learning through the Lens of Independence Day
Hilltown Families and Mass Appeal (a weekday, hour-long lifestyle program on NBC) have teamed up to offer a live monthly segment on WWLP 22News! Each month, community-based education specialist and Hilltown Families’ Founder, Sienna Wildfield, joins Mass Appeal hosts to talk about ways to engage in your community while supporting the interests and education of your children (and yourselves!).
This monthly segment continued on Monday, June 24, 2019 with Sienna and Danny talking about hos Independence Day can support both interests and education as well as strengthening civic pride and a sense of place.
- NATIONAL HOLIDAY: Annual events that celebrate the 4th of July support learning and community values.
- EVENTS: Look for annual events to engage in, including parades & community firework displays.
- RESOURES: Notice what community resources support these opportunities, including main streets, town commons, parks, stadiums, and civic organizations
- SELF-DIRECTED LEARNING: Learn about the world and national history behind fireworks and US celebrations and why we have parades and firework displays. Integrate STEM by exploring the science and chemistry behind pyrotechnics.
- VALUES: Participating in annual events supports many community values, including civic pride, intergenerational engagement, placemaking, shared history, and sense of place.