Recap Map: Western MA Weekend Summary & Family Guide for September 1st – 2nd, 2018
Here’s a recap of news and information posted on Hilltown Families this past week, along with a map for finding out what’s happening this weekend and next week throughout Western MA!
Peruse our list of Suggested Events for September 1st – 7th, 2018 for a comprehensive list of events happening throughout the four counties of Western MA, including Bulletin Board Announcements, Ongoing Story Hours & Playgroups and the Hilltown Family Variety Show.
Also, check out our monthly column, Berkshire Family Fun, for a list of premier educational, cultural highlights in Berkshire County for families and our bi-weekly column, Learn Local. Play Local. for a deep dive into the learning opportunities embedded throughout our communities. This week, we also have a couple of special posts to share with you:
Hilltown Families on Mass Appeal: Community-Based Learning in Late Summer
Hilltown Families and Mass Appeal (a weekday, hour-long lifestyle program on NBC) have teamed up to offer a live monthly segment on WWLP 22News! Each month, community-based education specialist and Hilltown Families’ Founder, Sienna Wildfield, joins Mass Appeal hosts to talk about ways to engage in your community while supporting the interests and education of your children (and yourselves!).
This monthly segment continued on Monday, August 27, 2018 with Sienna and Danny talking about late summer resources and opportunities that support learning through community-based education.
For more information and links to resources mentioned in this segment, check out our recent post, Supporting Seasonal Learning in the Late Summer with Community-Based Educational Resources & Opportunities.
Our New After-School Classes & Enrichment Programs Directory is Here!
Our community is rich in learning opportunities to supplement the interests of children, teens, and life-long learners. We have put together a directory of after-school & weekend classes and enrichment programs happening across Western Massachusetts throughout the school year. Many of these programs aren’t just for kids, so to all the adults out there – feel encouraged to pursue your interests and honor your callings through these enrichment classes, too!
LIST OF WEEKLY SUGGESTED EVENTS
September 1st – 7th, 2018
Saturday • Sunday
Monday • Tuesday • Wednesday • Thursday • Friday
Suggest an Event | Cultural Itineraries | Forecast | Museum Passes | Weekly eNewsletter | Farmers’ Markets | Storyhour & Playgroups| Berkshire Family Fun | Advertise/Sponsorship | en Español
- Suggested Events for September 1st – September 7th, 2018
- 10 Community-Based Educational Highlights: Peach Tea to Chicken BBQ. Zen Buddhism to Hindu Traditions.
- Hilltown Families on Mass Appeal: Community-Based Learning for Late Summer
- Supporting Seasonal Learning in the Late Summer with Community-Based Educational Resources & Opportunities
- The Family Plant Nursery: Homestead-Scale Propagation Projects
- HFVS Wildlife Episode with Guest DJs, Casey & Kevin from The Whizpops
- Community Spotlight: All Out Adventures
- Let Them Grow: Water & Color
- HFVS Eclectic Happiness Episode with Guest DJ, Chris Ballew of Caspar Babypants (Podcast/Radio Show)
- 11 Community-Based Educational Highlights: Service Dogs to Community Meals. Art Studies to Food History.
FIVE FROM THE ARCHIVES
- Tips for a New School Year
- 5 Solutions to Packing a Waste-Free Lunch
- 6 Back-to-School Lunch Ideas
- 7 Things to Tell the Teacher About Your Child
- How to Get Kids to Practice Their Musical Instruments
RECAP MAP SPONSOR
See your banner here! Sponsor Recap Map!
Find out how you can be a sponsor too!
COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARDS
- History Bulletin Board
- Sustainability Bulletin Board
- Theater Bulletin Board
- Visual Art Bulletin Board
- Community Announcements Bulletin Board
- Community Suggested Events
- Community Suggested Camps
- Community Suggested Classes
Do you ever run a Brattleboro / So. VT opportunities e-newsletter?
Serenity Smith co-Artistic Director =================== New England Center for Circus Arts necenterforcircusarts.org (802) 254-9780 >