Recap Map: Western MA Weekend Summary & Family Guide for February 10th & 11th, 2018
Here’s a recap of news and information posted on Hilltown Families this past week, along with a map for finding out what’s happening this weekend and next week throughout Western MA!
Peruse our list of Suggested Events for February 10th – 16th, 2018 for a comprehensive list of events happening throughout the four counties of Western MA, including Bulletin Board Announcements, Ongoing Story Hours & Playgroups and the Hilltown Family Variety Show.
Also, check our monthly column, Berkshire Family Fun, for a list of premier educational, cultural highlights in Berkshire County for families.
TODAY! Saturday Morning Dance Party, Feb. 10th, in Easthampton
Hilltown Families and the Flywheel Arts Collective are continuing the beloved ‘Saturday Morning Music Party’ series with a breakfast bash featuring food, dancing, and diversions for kids! Beginning the series with a New Year’s Day Music Party that was our best party to date, we will be continuing on Saturday, February 10, from 10am-12noon at Flywheel Arts Collective in Easthampton’s old Town Hall! As always, we’ll have a free breakfast of fresh pancakes, juice, and fruit. After the breakfast, the kids (and parents!) can join DJ Youthelectronix for the “best ever dance party before noon.” Save on the babysitter and shake off the winter blues with a Morning Music Dance Party! These Morning Music Parties are a fundraiser for both Flywheel & Hilltown Families, with a “pay what you can” admission to attend with your family. So much cheaper than a night out on the town and just as much fun! Click HERE for more info.
Big News from Hilltown Families!
And, finally, we have a very special announcement: Hilltown Families is stepping out as National Model and seeks a new Executive Director!
Working towards creating a culture of intentional learning, Sienna Wildfield founded Hilltown Families in 2005 as an innovative approach to education and community-development. We began as a simple email listserv for families living in the rural regions of Massachusetts, and now Hilltown Families serves all four counties of western Massachusetts, sharing tens of thousands of community-based educational events, resources, and opportunities over the years for all generations and all levels of learning.
As Hilltown Families has grown, community organizers and educators in other regions of the country began reaching out to inquire how they too could create a similar network in their communities. Wildfield realized the power a collective of community-based educational networks could have in spearheading a movement towards a culture of intentional learning. While Wildfield’s work has moved to replicate the Hilltown Families model elsewhere, she continues to write for and consult with the staff and board of directors of the local Hilltown Families organization.
Hilltown Families is now seeking a half-time Executive Director to shepherd the next level of growth of the local organization. Further information about the opportunity is available here: hilltownfamilies.wordpress.com/jobs. Please spread the word!
February 10th – 16th, 2018
- Suggested Events for February 10th – 16th, 2018
- Valentine’s Day: Learning through the Lens of the Season
- Off the Mat: Aspiring to Reverence and Love
- HFVS African Music Episode with Guest DJ, Jay Sand (Podcast/Radio Show)
- Sign Up Before It’s Too Late!
- Berkshire Family Fun: February 2018
- Winter Festivals: Learning through the Lens of the Season
- The Good Life: An Unexpected Journey Through Dog Rescue and Adoption.
- HFVS “Children’s Songs from Around the World” Episode, with Guest DJ, Priscilla Ahn (Podcast/Radio Show)
- Hilltown Families Steps Out as National Model, Seeks New Executive Director
FIVE FROM THE ARCHIVES
- Valentine’s Day Tips for Dads and Daughters
- Black History Month: Six Featured Titles Bring History Alive
- A Love Letter to My Children
- Let’s Play: Winter Flashlight Tag
- Q&A: The Struggle of Winter Wear
RECAP MAP SPONSOR
See your banner here! Sponsor Recap Map!
COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARDS
- History Bulletin Board
- Sustainability Bulletin Board
- Theater Bulletin Board
- Visual Art Bulletin Board
- Community Announcements Bulletin Board
- Community Suggested Events
- Community Suggested Camps
- Community Suggested Classes