Back-to-School: Learning through the Lens of the Season
- One-Room Schoolhouse: Connecting to Place through Literature & History
- Community-Based Education Resources: One-Room Schoolhouses
- Who Were the Fireside Poets?
- History of Education: A Lesson
- Contemporary Conversations About Education
Who am I? Where am I? These are the fundamental questions proposed by the humanities. Inquiries related to local history, literature, and education, inspire us to think deeply about the places where we live and how our identity fits into the context of our community and the seasons.
Learning Ahead: Cultural Itinerary for Western Massachusetts is a new bimonthly publication produced by Hilltown Families that sheds light on embedded learning opportunities found in cultural resources that exist within the geography, history, and cultural traditions of Western Massachusetts.
With these downloadable seasonal itineraries, self-directed teens, lifelong learners, and families are encouraged to engage together in cultural opportunities that support similar interests, resulting in a shared history, strengthening sense of place.