Learning Ahead: July & August Cultural Itinerary for Western MA
Learning Ahead: Cultural Itinerary for
Seasons: July & August
Who am I? Where am I? These are the fundamental questions proposed by the humanities. Inquiries related to local history, literature, and education, inspire us to think deeply about the places where we live and how our identity fits into the context of our community and the seasons.
Learning Ahead: Cultural Itinerary for Western Massachusetts is a bimonthly publication produced by Hilltown Families that sheds light on embedded learning opportunities found in cultural resources that exist within the geography, history, and cultural traditions of Western Massachusetts.
With these downloadable seasonal itineraries, self-directed teens, lifelong learners, and families are encouraged to engage together in cultural opportunities that support similar interests, resulting in a shared history, strengthening sense of place.
- An American holiday as a CATALYST for learning: Independence Day
- PLACEMAKING at parks and community spaces through music: Outdoor Concerts
- Resources that are ubiquitous and NATURE–BASED: Summer Storms
- Sweet fruits that celebrate FOOD TRADITIONS: Berries
- Western MA as a CULTURAL destination for relaxation: Vacation
- Outdoor activities that are INTEREST-BASED: Fishing
- Ephemeral seasonal HABITAT: Flower Gardens
- INTERGENERATIONAL outdoor living: Camping
- Learning LENS that connects us to the season: Boating
Special thank you to sponsors of this issue, including: New England Air Museum.