Learning Ahead: March & April Cultural Itinerary for Western MA
Learning Ahead: Cultural Itinerary for
Seasons: March & April
Who am I? Where am I? These are the fundamental questions proposed by the humanities. Inquiries related to local history, literature, and education, inspire us to think deeply about the places where we live and how our identity fits into the context of our community and the seasons.
Learning Ahead: Cultural Itinerary for Western Massachusetts is a bimonthly publication produced by Hilltown Families that sheds light on embedded learning opportunities found in cultural resources that exist within the geography, history, and cultural traditions of Western Massachusetts.
With these downloadable seasonal itineraries, self-directed teens, lifelong learners, and families are encouraged to engage together in cultural opportunities that support similar interests, resulting in a shared history, strengthening sense of place.
- First harvest of the year reunites us to seasonal FOOD TRADITIONS: Maple Syrup
- Local HABITAT awakens us to the changing seasons: Vernal Pools
- Local Changemakers as a CATALYST for learning: Women’s History Month
- INTERGENERATIONAL sharing of the joys of native species: Spring Birds
- NATURE-BASED activities connect us to local poets: National Poetry Month
- Learning through the LENS of spring holidays: Easter & Passover
- VALUE-BASED engagement connects interests: Earth Day
- Discover seasonal CULTURE: Sheep Shearing