First Day Hikes for the New Year
Setting Intentions on the First Day of the Year with a First Day Hike
The New Year is often seen as a moment of reflection and intention-setting. While on your first hike, consider taking your journal with you. Nature can be inspiring and provides a place for contemplation and meditation. A few writing prompts to help you get started:
- What is a new skill you would like to learn this year?
- Describe one of your favorite memories from last year.
- Make a list of the favorite places you visited in your community last year.
- Make a list of places you would like to explore further this year.
- What is a new skill that you learned last year?
Check our list of Weekly Suggested Events to discover first day hikes to select for the first day of the year!
[Photo credit: (c) Sienna Wildfield]