2014: New Year’s Eve Celebrations for Families in Western MA
- An all ages New Year’s Eve celebration takes place at Cowell Gymnasium from 6pm-8pm. The event features an inflatable bouncy house, dancing, music, crafts and games, refreshments, and a New Year’s countdown – early in the evening and for all ages! 413-625-0305. Maple Street. Shelburne Falls, MA (FREE)
- Welcome the New Year at First Night Northampton! This annual event is a 12-hour party from 12noon-12midnight, featuring live music, performances, fireworks, activities, food, and so much more! There will be something for all ages at the exciting, 30th-annual event! 413-584-7327. Downtown. Northampton, MA. ($$)
- New Year’s Eve is Holyoke’s 18th Annual First Night Jr. from 10am-4pm. There will be tons of kid-friendly activities at the Children’s Museum, the Merry Go Round, the Volleyball Hall of Fame, and the Heritage State Park Visitor’s Center. Activities include juggling, face painting, magic shows, balloon shows, music, dancing, crafts, and much more! 413-536-7048. Holyoke, MA. ($)
- Why should the grownups get to have all the fun? Kids can celebrate New Year’s Eve at Chandler’s Restaurant at Yankee Candle Village from 11am-1pm. There will be a countdown to 12noon with interactive live entertainment by guitarist Tom Carroll. Full kids menu and lunch menu will be available. Noisemakers will be handed out and there will be an apple cider toast. Please RSVP. 413-665-1277. South Deerfield, MA ($)
- Orange’s 19th Annual Starry Starry Night is on December 31 from 6pm-9pm. Come for performances, hay rides, ice sculptures, a puppet parade, and fireworks. Performers include singers, storytellers, mimes, magicians, musicians, puppeteers, and others. Performances take place all around town – see here for the schedule. Orange, MA. (FREE)
- The New Year’s Eve celebration is a tradition at Jiminy Peak. A Torchlight parade will wind down the mountain shortly after the close of the lifts at 10pm and will be immediately followed by a fireworks display. Families can then make their way into Christiansen’s Tavern to watch the ball drop and ring in the new year! 413-738-5500. 37 Corey Road. Hancock, MA.