It’s Giving Tuesday! Support Hilltown Families!
Today is Giving Tuesday! Support Hilltown Families!
Schedule a Gift to Hilltown Families for Valley Gives Day.
As we enter our tenth year, we are very excited to be participating in our first ever annual appeal through Valley Gives on December 10th! As part of Giving Tuesday, schedule your donation to Hilltown Families through Valley Gives today!
Why through Valley Gives? Valley Gives is a collaboration of non-profits throughout western Massachusetts working together to engage 20,000 donors in a single 24-hour day of giving on December 10th. By scheduling your donation to Hilltown Families through Valley Gives you too become part of this collaborative effort while amplifying your donation with bonuses and prizes given out by the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts to participating non-profit organizations.
Valley Gives happens on December 10th. But today is Giving Tuesday… so schedule your donation to Hilltown Families for December 10th today and support our non-profit organization while participating in both days at once!
How will your gift help Hilltown Families? Let’s us count the ways…
- Allow us to identify, interpret and curate community-based educational opportunities and community-building events in western MA through a comprehensive list of Weekly Suggested Events.
- Produce a weekly commercial-free hour-long family radio show/podcast: Hilltown Family Variety Show
- Share weekday out-of-school learning opportunities for teens and adults in a weekly column, Learning Ahead: Community-Based Education for Self-Directed Teens & Life-Long Learners
- Deliver over 1,500 hours of community service through service-based learning with our yearly Family Community Service Events and collaborations with local businesses and non-profit organizations!
- Provide local writers a public forum to connect with their community with monthly columns like The Good Life: A Year of Thoughtful Seasons, Grandpa in the House: Parenting in a Multigenerational Home and Hindsight Parenting: Raising Kids the Second Time Around.
- Engage community in creative-free play through community conversations and published resources, including What to Play? Play Ideas for Family & Community.
- Expand literacy support with resources like our published literary guides and monthly columns, including Open Sesame: Kid Lit Musings & Reviews and Time to Talk: Supporting Children’s Language Skills.
- Support understanding of our natural world through nature-based education.
- Encourage collaborative consumption through community-based swaps like our Winter Wear Swaps and Board Game Swaps.
- Support interests and education through our weekly column, Learn Local. Play Local.
- Identify learning opportunities as citizen scientists by partnering with other non-profit organizations, including Biocitizen and Neighborhood Nestwatch.
- Initiate community building through creativity with events like our annual Handmade Valentine Swap and collaborations with organizations like The Art Garden & Art Alive.
- Answer community questions with user-generated feedback.
- Keep our community connected through a grassroots communication network which includes a free weekly eNewsletter, social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube), a listserv, and our award winning-blog!
Support Hilltown Families! Schedule your donation any time between now and December 10th through Valley Gives or join us on December 10th for a 24-hour e-philanthropy event support your favorite non-profit organizations in the region, making your first gift to Hilltown Families! — We need your support!