Hilltown Families Voted “Best Blog” by the Valley Advocate’s 2014 Best of the Valley Readers’ Poll!
Hilltown Families Voted as Best Blog for the 4th Year in a Row!
Hilltown Families placed 1st for the fourth year in a row as Best Blog in the Valley Advocate Best of the Valley Readers’ Poll for 2014! ♥ Thank you to our readers, sponsors and writers who sustain Hilltown Families with their ongoing support!
Hilltown Families believes in creating resilient and sustainable communities by developing and strengthening a sense of place in our children and citizens through community based education and engagement. We work to accomplish this by highlighting the embedded learning that is found everywhere in our communities, making the information accessible to families, and giving parents/educators access to opportunities that supports their children’s interests and education while encouraging community engagement. We do this by connecting, collaborating, and creating community building events, community based educational opportunities, and community service leaning experiences.
Founded in 2005 by Sienna Wildfield, Hilltown Families is incorporated as a non-profit in the state of Massachusetts, serving thousands of families living throughout western Massachusetts. Through an online grassroots communication network, Hilltown Families connects people and organizations in the widespread communities of western Massachusetts by helping area residents share ideas, organize activities, support their children’s education and increase participation in community life.
This past Fall, Hilltown Families Founder and Executive Director, Sienna Wildfield, was invited to present a TEDx Talk that shared her vision and mission behind Hilltown Families. In this TEDx Talk, “Supporting Education Through Community Engagement,” Sienna shares her story on why feeling connected to where you live matters, and how community-based education and community-service learning can help grow active citizens who care about where they live.
If you’re interested in getting involved with Hilltown Families as either a contributing writer, sponsor, bulletin board manager, volunteer, fundraiser, committee member or intern, we’d love to hear from you. Email us with your interests at email@example.com.
HILLTOWN FAMILIES CONTRIBUTING WRITERS
Reaching over 1.3 million visitors to date, our blog continues to grow and expand! There are several ♥ amazing folks behind the scenes at Hilltown Families, along with an equally amazing team of ♥ contributing writers who believe in and support our mission! Our current team of writers include:
- Candice Chouinard ♦ Let Them Grow: Fresh Ways to Engage Toddler’s in Creative Free Play
- Alice Cozzolino ♦ In the Kitchen with Alice: Recipes & Local Lore from the Old Creamery Co-op
- Rebecca Dravis ♦ Just My Type: Raising a Child with Type One Diabetes
- Logan Fisher ♦ Hindsight Parenting: Raising Kids the Second Time Around
- Angie Gregory ♦ Parenting Green: Earth Friendly Ideas for Raising a Family
- Kurt Heidinger, Ph.D. ♦ The Ripple: Stories About Western MA Rivers
- Leslie Lynn Lucio ♦ Oak & Acorn: Forage, Farm and Feast with the Family
- Sarah Mattison Buhl ♦ The Good Life: A Year of Thoughtful Seasons
- Mister G ♦ Under the Hat: Independent Music Education
- Jim McSweeney ♦ The Garden Plot: Growing & Caring Tips for the Family Garden & Landscape
- Cheli Mennella ♦ Open Sesame: Kid Lit Musings & Reviews
- Kathy Puckett ♦ Time to Talk: Supporting Children’s Language Skills
- Carrie St. John ♦ What to Play? Play Ideas for Family & Community
- John Sarrof ♦ The Dinner Table: Ideas and Inspiration for Family Mealtimes
In addition to our monthly and bi-monthly Contributing Writers columns, you can find:
- Berkshire Family Fun
- Hilltown Family Variety Show
- Learn Local. Play Local.
- Parent Night Out Promotions
- Q&A Column
- Recap Map
- Summer Camps
- Sustainability Bulletin Board
- Weekly Suggested Events
Stay up-to-date with us here at Hilltown Families by subscribing to our weekly eNewsletter: