10 Black Friday Alternatives to the Mall in Western MA
10 Smart Black Friday Alternatives to the Mall
Friday, November 29th, 2013
- Visit Santa in the morning at the Hotel Northampton.
- Discover how New Englanders of the past cooked their Thanksgiving meals at Historic Deerfield’s Open Hearth Cooking Demonstrations.
- Springfield Museums host a day of festive celebrations!
- Bring the family to KidSpace at MASS MoCA in North Adams to see their current exhibit, Freedom. Before heading out, download their gallery guide for this exhibit which offers a trail through the exhibit with activities and questions to inspire interpretation.
- Shop local and handmade at in Snow Farm’s Seconds Sale in Williamsburg.
- The annual Moonlight Magic will be kicking off the holiday season in the village of Shelburne Falls in the evening!
- Take the kids to the Spirit of Springfield’s annual Tower Square Parade of the Big Balloons.
- Take in an afternoon performance of “Mr. Seahorse and a House for Hermit Crab” at The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst.
- Narragansett descendant Jennifer Lee will discuss and demonstrate Native American basket-weaving in Deerfield.
- Adopt a Feline Day at the Dakin Humane Society Adoption Centers in Springfield and Leverett.
More ideas here: Friday, November 27th, 2013.