7th Annual Hilltown Spring Festival: June 1st!
7th Annual Hilltown Spring Festival
Celebrating life in the Hilltowns
June 1st, 2013 in Cummington, MA
Hilltown Families is a proud premiere sponsor of the Hilltown Spring Festival, the Hilltown Community Development Corporation’s signature community celebration to be held this year on Saturday, June 1, from 10am-5pm at the Cummington Fairgrounds in Cummington, MA.
Last year’s Festival drew 2,000 people for an all-day celebration of regional arts, culture and sustainability. This year’s Festival will feature performances all day by area musicians on two stages, specialty food and drink from local vendors, children’s activities all day long, kids-made crafts bazaar, and a new open mike stage.
Right now is a great time for community members and local businesses to get involved with the Festival as the Hilltown CDC is signing up local artisans, businesses, non-profit organizations and volunteers.
The Festival is looking for:
- Artists and craftspeople who want to display and sell their work;
- Businesses who want to reach 2,000 prospective customers in one day;
- Vendors of products and services that make our lives more energy-efficient and our communities more sustainable;
- Local food vendors;
- Volunteer captains to help the Festival succeed;
- Kids 12 and under who want to show and sell their art or craft work in the kids-made craft bazaar;
- Musicians to perform on a new open mike stage;
- And businesses to sponsor the Festival.
Registration forms are available from Hilltown CDC; email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 413-296-4536 ext. 112, or stop by during office hours (387 Main Road/Route 143 in Chesterfield, MA). Priority deadline for reserving a space is May 13, 2013.
ABOUT THE HILLTOWN CDC: Hilltown CDC seeks to improve the quality of life for Hilltown residents by addressing economic, housing, educational, social and community needs while preserving the rural character of the area. Find out more about the Hilltown CDC and their community development work at www.hilltowncdc.org.
The Hilltown Spring Festival is supported in part by grants from the Local Cultural Councils of the towns of Ashfield, Chester. Chesterfield, Conway, Cummington, Goshen, Middlefield, Plainfield, Washington, Westhampton, Williamsburg, Windsor and Worthington—local agencies which are supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.