Q&A: Horse-Drawn Sleigh & Hayrides in Western MA
QUESTION AND ANSWERS
One of our readers is looking for places to take kids on horse-drawn sleigh or hayrides in Western MA for their child’s winter birthday party. Any recommendations?
- Lauren Koblara Kostantin writes, “Blue Star Equiculture! It’s in Palmer, MA on a beautiful farm.”
- Tara Brock Winters writes, “Kip Porter on Kinnebrook Rd in Worthington (O’Shea & Porter Draft Horses) has draft horses & does horse drawn rides; they are beautiful!”
- Christy Bielunis writes, “Call Al at Tetrault’s Horse Farm. He will come to you if you have the space, or you can go to his farm in Hatfield. 413-247-5983.”
- Robert P. Ross writes, “Florence Village Luminary (Dec. 22, 2012) offers free hay rides in downtown Florence, MA.”
- Melissa Moody Belmonte writes, “Wendell State Forest has a little skating rink, awesome sledding, and a little shed for making hot chocolate. I had so much fun at a birthday party when we went to there!”
- Hilda Bailey recommends, Historic Deerfield in Deerfield, MA. Weekends from Dec 1-18, 2012.
- Sienna Wildfield writes, “Draft Works in Chesterfield offers private horse drawn hayrides at Look Park in Florence during the holidays, Sweet Brook Farm in Williamstown offers both horse drawn hayrides & sleigh rides (when there’s snow), and Old Sturbridge Village hosts horse-drawn sleigh or wagon rides on weekends and during school vacation weeks in December and February.”
[Photo credit: (ccl) Jim Sorbie]