Summer Playgroups: 2012
Playgroups Continues Through Summer Months
During the summer months many ongoing free playgroups switch from formal indoor groups, to informal outdoor playtime. Find a playgroup nearest you and get out to meet other kids and families in the area!
- AMHERST: Joanne Levenson writes, “The Amherst Family Center (121 N. Pleasant St.) will be open for 2 more weeks in August for a 4 week-day morning program (every day except Tuesday) from 9am-11:30am. The weeks are: Monday-August 13-Friday, August 17 and Monday, August 19-Friday, August 24. The Center is a free drop-in program for parents of young children birth to five years. For more information email:firstname.lastname@example.org”
- BELCHERTOWN: Belchertown Family Center will have no organized summer playgroups, but the center’s playground will be open throughout the summer. The playground will be housing storywalks through the end of August – new ones will be installed every 4 weeks. www.belchertownfamilycenter.org.
- CUMMINGTON: Cummington Family Center will host informal playgroups will take place on Wednesdays at Pettengill Park on Main Street in Cummington from 9:30-11:30am through the end of August. www.cummingtonfamilycenter.org.
- EASTHAMPTON: The Easthampton Family Center will be holding their summer playgroups at the lower playground at Nonotuck Park in Easthampton on Tuesday mornings (10am-12noon) from Jun 19-Sep 11. www.easthamptonfamilycenter.org.
- HUNTINGTON: Gateway Family Center playgroups will take place on Wednesday and Friday mornings from 10am-12noon throughout the summer – call to find out about possible field trips. Library playgroups will begin in August, and the Family Resource and Referral Center is open Monday-Friday throughout the summer. 413-667-2203.
- NORTH ADAMS: Gym Group at the Haskins Center has moved outside for the summer! Enjoy group playground time on the center’s playscape every Monday afternoon from 5:30-6:30pm, and Thursday mornings from 11:30am-12:30pm. 413-664-4821. 210 State Street.
- NORTHAMPTON: Northampton Parents Center summer playgroups are 9:30-11:30am on Tuesdays at Safety Village in Florence until June 19th, then switching to Jackson Street School playground starting June 26th. Thursdays morning playgroups will be at Look Memorial Park in Florence at the little playground. The NPC will reopen in Northampton on Monday, September 10th. www.northamptonparentscenter.org
- NORTHFIELD: Community Network for Children summer playgroups for kids 8yo and younger will be held at Northfield Mountain Recreation and Environmental Center (Rte 63) on Fridays during July 6-August 17 from 10am-12pm. Join Gillian Budine, CNC Coordinator.. Meeting rain or shine to take a stroll on easy trails, play with bubbles, sing songs, read books. 978-544-5157.
- PALMER: Hosted by the Palmer-Monson Family Network at Eager Park (by Converse Middle School), there will be playgroups every Thursday from 11am-1pm. Bring a picnic lunch! 413-283-6246. Walnut Street.
- PITTSFIELD – Treehouse will host parent lead indoor playgroups during the summer with new activities each Tuesday. Kids ages 2-4 from 10-10:40am, and crawling infants from 3-4pm. 413-344-4435. 305 North Street. www.treehouse.is
- THREE RIVERS: Palmer-Monson Family Network playgroups will be held on Tuesdays from 10-11:30am at the PMFN in Three Rivers, and on Fridays from 11am-1pm at Eager Park in Palmer. School year schedule to resume September 11. 413-283-6246.
- WARE: Ware Family Center summer playgroups will take place during July and August on Tuesdays from 10am-12noon at the park behind the Reed Memorial Pool (126 Main Street).
- WENDELL: Community Network for Children’s playgroup for kids ages 0-5 every wednesday from 10-11:30am at the Wendell Free Library. There will be activities for gross motor skills, stories, and art activities. 978-544-5157. 7 Wendell Depot Road.