16 Swimming Spots in Western Massachusetts
One of our readers asked about swimming holes in western Massachusetts to take her family to this summer, and while many locals keep their best swimming holes a treasured secret, several of our readers shared some of their favorite, not-so-secret, swimming spots in the region.
Swimming Holes in Western Massachusetts
- Benedict Pond in Great Barrington, MA
- Burbank Park Public Beach at Onota Lake in Pittsfield, MA
- Chapel Brook in Ashfield, MA
- Chicopee Memorial State Park in Chicopee, MA
- DAR State Forest in Goshen, MA
- Fiske Pond in Wendell, MA
- Green River Swimming & Recreation Area in Greenfield, MA
- Hampton Ponds State Park in Westfield, MA
- Lake Wyola State Park in Shutesbury, MA
- Margaret Lindley Park in Williamstown, MA
- Musante Beach in Northampton, MA
- Otis Reservoir at Tolland State Forest in Otis, MA
- Plainfield Pond in Plainfield, MA
- Puffers Pond in Amherst, MA.
- Savoy Mountain State Forest (North & South Ponds) in Florida, MA
- Tri-town Beach in Whately, MA
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.