Q&A: Where to Get New/Used Bikes for the Family in Western MA
QUESTION AND ANSWERS
Earth Day is being celebrated today and Summer time is on it’s way! So let’s talk BIKES… where’s a good place to get a new or used bike for the family in Western MA?
- Amanda Saklad suggests, “Craigslist is good and good for the earth – REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!!”
- Kara Kitchen suggests, “FJ Rogers in Florence.”
- Susan Rees suggests, “Full Circle in Florence. Great tune-ups too.”
- Abbe Laine Schiowitz suggests, “Hampshire Bicycle Exchange on University Drive in Amherst and Valley Bike on Rte. 9 in Hadley has the sassiest bikes ever, but is quite pricey (then visit the new rock climbing gym next door which I heard is totally awesome).
- Mark Pollard suggests, “I second the Hampshire Bike Exchange for cheap, used bikes. I also like Joe’s Garage in Haydenville for looking at hi-end bikes.”
- Kim Tatro Kicza suggests, “Highland Hardware & Bike Shop in Holyoke!”
- John L. Grossman suggests, “Easthampton town auction.
- Kate Paterson Parrott suggests, “We love Bob Perry, owner of Bicycles Unlimited in Greenfield. Not only does he have a great selection of new & used bikes, but the shop organizes group rides for ALL abilities. Plus while in G’field you can stop for a bite at Hope & Olive, Mesa Verde, or pop over the CT river and go to the Wagon Wheel or Holy Smokes. Great eats & exercise!”
Have a recommendation too? Share it here.
[Photo credit: (ccl) Joni]