Q&A: What Do You Love About Western MA Libraries?
QUESTION AND ANSWERS
This past week was National Library Week, and if there’s anything that can be said about Hilltown Families readers it’s that they LOVE their local libraries! We invited readers to tell us about their favorite Western MA library. Take a peek at what they had to say, and share your own love for your favorite library too!
- Phoebe Shaw writes, “Needless to say it’s Meekins Library in Williamsburg, hands down!”
- Shannon Kopacz writes, “Porter in Blandford.”
- Emily Bloch writes, “In Shutesbury we’re collecting responses to the question: Where would you be without your library? Chime in!
- Tina M Schall writes, “Forbes Library in Northampton!”
- Heather Dunham Katsoulis writes, “I like ’em all now that they’re all so connected.”
- Robin Morgan Huntley writes, “I generally stick to my college library, but the kiddos I babysit love Forbes Library (Northampton)! The children’s department staff are super friendly and helpful – they know the kids by name and always have new book and movie suggestions for them.”
- Anne Dempsey writes, “West Springfield Public Library is the best! Wonderful collection of children’s books, great service, an active Friends group. Working on a wonderful expansion – the result of a generous construction grant from the state Board of Library Commissioners. Come check us out!”
- Abbe Laine Schiowitz writes, “The Wendell Free Library of course! I hear the teen program is out of this world…wink wink.”
- Meagheanne Donahue writes, “The Adams Free Library! It’s our favourite place to go! Just got back from an art opening there tonight!”
- Barbara Dunn writes, “It doesn’t get better than the Meekins Library in Williamsburg… Literary- media bliss, amazing staff & volunteers and a welcoming gathering place for the community.”
- Melissa Wells Flynn writes, “For the children’s room, our favorite is the Palmer Public Library. It’s absolutely beautiful with space, luxurious space! The “Imagination Station” play room, a beautiful children’s book and materials collection, a lovely fish tank, other amenities for little kids through teens, and the ultimate: a working model train suspended near the ceiling.”
- Zoe Wright Johnson writes, “We LOVE Meekins Library in Williamsburg!”