10 StoryWalks in Western MA
StoryWalks in Western MA with Wee Read Berkshire County
Berkshire County is celebrating literacy during April! In honor of National Library Week (4/8-4/14) and the Week of the Young Child (4/22-4/28), there will be StoryWalks featuring the book Duck on a Bike in locations all over Berkshire County.
The book tells the story of a silly duck and his trip on a bike – it offers opportunities for kids to predict what comes next, chime in with animal noises, and help read phrases repeated throughout the book. Thanks to Wee Read Berkshire County, free copies of the book will be offered to the first 1,500 families who take part in the StoryWalks so that kids can enjoy the book again and again at home! The StoryWalks, which will be offered in many communities, offer families a chance to enjoy a book together, spend time adventuring outside, and engage with their community by spending time within it!
- Adams StoryWalk: Up from April 16th through April 29th on Park Street, ending at the Adams Public Library
- Berkshire Trail Elementary School StoryWalk (Cummington): Up from April 16th through April 28th
- Craneville Elementary School StoryWalk (Dalton): Up from April 16th through April 28th
- North Adams StoryWalk: Up from April 16th through April 29th on Main Street, ending at the North Adams Library
- Williamstown StoryWalk: Up from April 16th through April 29th at the Milne Public Library
- Lenox Library StoryWalk: Up for April 19th in downtown Lenox, ending at the Lenox Library
- Berkshire Athenaeum StoryWalk (Pittsfield): Up for April 24th
- Norman Rockwell Museum (Stockbridge): Up for April 25th
- Berkshire Mall StoryWalk (Lanesborough): Up for April 28th
- Great Barrington StoryWalk: Ongoing in downtown Great Barrington, ending at the Mason Library