Fids & Kamily Awards: Top 10 Albums for 2011
Fids & Kamily Awards: 2011
The winners of the Fids & Kamily Awards have been announced! Launched in 2006 and inspired by the Village Voice’s long-running “Pazz and Jop” music poll, the Fids and Kamily Poll is the first compilation of year-end kids and family music “best of” lists from critics, writers, radio programmers, and others involved in the music industry. Ten favorites are voted on from outstanding releases, including kids and family albums from mainstream/adult artists, seasoned kindie artists and some fantastic newcomers.
For the fifth year in a row, Hilltown Families has participated as a judge for the Fids and Kamily Awards (www.fidsandkamily.com). Take a look at the top 10 picks and honorable mentions. Any are sure to make a great gift of music this holiday season.
The Top 10 albums of 2011 are (in order):
- Recess Monkey – FLYING!
- Dan Zanes and Friends – Little Nut Tree
- Frances England – Mind of My Own
- Caspar Babypants – Sing Along!
- Lunch Money – Original Friend
- Brady Rymer – Love Me for Who I Am
- The Deedle Deedle Dees – Strange Dees, Indeed
- The Jimmies – Practically Ridiculous
- Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band – Oh Lucky Day!
- Gustafer Yellowgold – Gustafer Yellowgold’s Infinity Sock
Honorable Mentions (unranked next ten):
- Cat and a Bird – Cat and a Bird
- The Hipwaders – The Golden State
- Charlie Hope – Let’s Go Play!
- Ella Jenkins – A Life of Song
- Joanie Leeds and the Nightlights – What a Zoo!
- Todd McHatton – Galactic Champions of Joy
- Alastair Moock – These Are My Friends
- The Not-Its – Tag, You’ re It!
- Papa Crow – Things That Roar
- Chip Taylor and the Grandkids – Golden Kids Rules