Q&A: Wacky But Useful Parenting Advice
QUESTION AND ANSWERS
What’s the wackiest but most useful advice you’ve ever received as a parent?
- Gayle White recalls, “Feed her when she’s hungry, she’ll stop when she’s full. (Maybe not so wacky but given all the crazy ideas for feeding our kids, this one worked with no residual food issues.).”
- Kosse Feral recalls, “Throw out the clock.”
- Candy Bird Laflam recalls, “Don’t change the diaper in the middle of the night.”
- Rebecca Plona Peterson recalls, “When she’s having a night terror, put her feet in cold water.”
- Robert P. Ross recalls, “It’s ok to say no, and sometimes answer the question why… Because I say so.”
- Pranee Malin Terry recalls, “When the baby cries non-stop and you can’t figure out why, check for hairs wrapped around toes.”
- Maureen Cooper MacPhail recalls, “A and D ointment for everything skin related…it’s good advice. LOL!
[Photo credit: (ccl) sabinmaggy]