Arts Festival Brings Music, Art & Community Together in the Hilltowns
First Annual Hilltown Arts Festival, 2011!
The Hilltowns come alive with art and music this weekend with the First Annual Hilltown Arts Festival, Saturday July 9th from 10am-5pm in Worthington, MA. Enjoy a wonderful day in the heart of the Hilltowns with many free art and music activities throughout the town of Worthington:
- Old Fashioned Country Fair: From 10am-2pm there will be an Old Fashioned Country Fair at the Worthington Congregational Church. There will be children’s activities, bake sale, frog jumping contest (10:30am), cake walk, raffle, crafts, tag sale and food.
- Art Show/Sale: The Hilltown Artisans Guild will be host an Art Show and Sale at the Worthington Town Hall featuring paintings, photograph or other piece of artwork by local hilltown artists.
- Farm Exhibit: On the lawn of the Worthington Historical Society there will be live music, demos, farmers’ market, and other activities. Inside visitors can view the WHS ongoing Farm Exhibit.
- Sheep to Shawl: The Worthington Library will have a “Sheep to Shawl” demo and themed gift basket Raffles.
- Plein Air Artists: Plein Air Artists will be painting all day along Rt 112 with a Silent Auction of the paintings after 2:30pm at the Russell Conwell School.
- Flower Box Contest: The Worthington Gardeners Club is having a Flower Box Contest in front of the Church.
- Open Houses: Blackburn Inn, Worthington Fire Department and Horning Homestead open their doors for an open house.
- Local Music: Live performances of local musicians on the lawn at the Town Hall begin at 11am, including Charles Neville and Jim Kaminski (2pm), Laura Wetzler, Mariam Massero and the Blue Crystal Sisters with the Gaea Star Band, James Kitchen and the Appliances, vocalists Monique Rioux and Ron Jackson and Peter McLean and many others. In the event of rain the program will shift to the Russell Conwell School.
For more information on this event contact Natalie Stafford at email@example.com or call 413-238-0192. The Arts Festival is sponsored by Arts Alive in the Hilltowns and The Hilltown Artisans Guild.
(Photo credit: (ccl) Cobalt123)