Q&A: Where’s an Outdoor Place for PreK Kids to Play on Summer Days?
Question and Answer
Any recommendations on great outdoor places to bring the preK kids to play during summer days?
- Audrey Nystrom Anderson recommends, “Spray park in South Amherst. Wading Pool at Groff Park in Amherst, which also has a playground and picnic area.”
- John Heffernan recommends, “DAR in Goshen.”
- Sandra Dias recommends, “Musante Beach in Leeds; Look Park (Florence); Spray Park in South Hadley.”
- Nancyjo Craig Rongner recommends, “It’s a bit of a hike depending on where you live, but we love going to Retreat Farm in Brattleboro (VT). They’ve got a great shaded corn silo to play in, animals to pet and feed, a picnic area, and a barn with riding toys to play in. There is a slight entry fee, but I’ve found it to be completely worth it!”
- Pauline Delton recommends, “Mittineague Park in West Springfield has a small playground, large field, a stream that pools in one spot, lots of walking options, etc. Free to get in, pavilions to use, easy access off Route 20 or via Ashley Street. Great option for those who don’t want to go all the way to Northampton and beyond.”
- Sienna Wildfield recommends, “There are several family center’s hosting informal playgroups at local parks this summer, including Pettingill Park in Cummington, Bridge Street School playground in Northampton, Nonotuck Park in Easthampton, and Look Park in Florence. Check Hilltown Families list of Weekly Suggested Events for dates and times of these informal gatherings.”
Have a playground to recommend? Leave a comment and let us know!