Q&A: Best Cup of Joe in Western MA?
Question and Answer
Where can you get the best cup of coffee in Western MA?
- Lisa Hall Blackmer recommends: Brewhaha, North Adams. (closed Wednesday) across from MASS MoCA.
- Julianne Thibodeau Krutka recommends: My husband would tell you that the only coffee worth paying for is at Dunkin’ Donuts
- Pat Gillen recommends: Pierce Bros. Hope St. Greenfield
- Kett Lawrence recommends: Shelburne Fallls Coffee Roasters, and they have a new store in Hadley! I warn you though, once you try their coffee, you’ll be hooked. There is no turning back once you’ve had it. Second up is Esselon, also in Hadley. Their coffee is so rich and good…
- Michael Muller recommends: Pierce Bros. I get it at the ‘Round Here Cafe, Turners Falls.
- Anne Campbell recommends: Mocha Maya’s in Shelburne Falls, of course.
- Beth Caissie recommends: Greenfield Coffee makes the best mocha in the valley.
- Carrie St John recommends: Woodstar in Northampton
- Virginia Christi recommends: Pierce Bros., anywhere they sell it.
- Diane Hinze Kanzler recommends: Dean’s Beans.
- Leslie Lynn recommends: Agree on Shelburne Falls being really great as well as Woodstar. Plus, both places have very friendly staff. Northampton Coffee makes a really great latte if you are in the mood for that. I always end up drinking a chai at Haymarket which is great,but I guess that doesn’t count (but I LOVE how strong the coffee smells in there). I need to check out Pierce Bros.
- Bruce Diehl recommends: Rao‘s rules the Amherst area…. props also to Amherst Coffee, Loose Goose, Black Sheep and Cushman.
- Zach Howard recommends: Pages Coffee Bar in Conway, MA.
- Deborah Chandler recommends: Asking what’s the best coffee is like asking what’s the best wine or beer: it’s so much about individual taste… My vote is for Pierce Bros. Fogbuster wherever it is being brewed to full strength. Close seconds are Haymarket, Woodstar, and several other places who brew French Roast that is locally roasted, fairly traded and organically grown.
- Shauna Cain recommends: La Fiorentina is excellent for a variety of Italian-style coffees in Northampton. Their cannolis and fruit tarts are scrumptious, too, and they’re reasonably priced to boot.
- Suzy Helme recommends: Elf Parlor in North Adams.
- Jessica Grant recommends: Used to be the Elbow Room cafe–now you can get Melissa’s fresh roasted (in Williamsburg!) beans and make the best at home!
- Anita Morehouse recommends: Jesters, downtown Westfield. Love the Oromia blend. Although, LaFiorintina in NoHo has a great house blend as well.
- Rae Griffiths recommends: Esselon Cafe
- Dawn Klein recommends: Tunnel City, Williamstown, MA.
- Jeff Winston recommends: Anywhere roasting FOGBUSTER!!
- Peter Freisem recommends: Pages Coffee Bar in Conway!
- Melissa Adams recommends: Bread Euphoria!