Q&A: Preschools in Western MA
Question and Answer
Anyone have a recommendation for a local preschool? Is there a preschool your kids went to that you would recommend to other parents?
- Emily Gonzalez writes: Rise & Shine Academy in South Hadley. Director: Sharon Vogel. Incredible, nurturing place offering math and reading literacy programming for 3.9 years and up – it’s an amazing learning environment. Also houses the Heritage Criterion Early Intervention Program. (…and no, just a mom whose child attended R&S for 4 years and received EI services, I don’t work at either place).
- Kelley Mitchell Boyko writes: Little Red Schoolhouse Amherst College ~ they are wonderful!
- Marianne Bullock writes: The Giving Tree in Gill!
- Gayle White writes: Smith College Campus School at Fort Hill.
- Kelly Jabour Pramberger writes: Pioneer Valley Montessori School in Springfield. We are so happy with our choice to send our 3 and a half year old there.
- Sara Cahillane writes: Love, love, love Mountain Brook Childrens Center in Deerfield. Can’t say enough.
- Robin Sidel writes: Full Circle, Bernardston ♥
- Sara Karz Reid writes: Full Circle School has been great for us, too!
- Heather Richardson writes: Little Friends Morning Preschool in Belchertown
- Susan Rees writes: Northampton Montessori- 3 amazing years!
- Zevey Steinitz writes: The Common School in Amherst has one of the best programs around. Full disclosure- I teach in the 1st/2nd grade classroom. The nursery school has amazing teachers, curriculum, environment, and philosophy. Check it out.
- Sarah Swersey writes: Nonotuck Community School – 5 wonderful years!
- Kelly O’Neill Zieba writes: Greenwood Children’s Center in Longmeadow.
- Stephanie Billings writes: Can’t say enough good things about Nonotuck Community School.
- Sarah Buttenwieser writes: Had a fourth child to extend our Sunnyside (Northampton) years (okay, not exactly, but a benefit to be sure).
- Stephanie Gale writes: Meadowlark was great for my daughter!
- Rae Griffiths writes: Spring Street Preschool in Amherst. Great staff and program. Our son loved it.
- Myanna Carbin-O’Brien writes: We are so happy at St. Paul’s Nursery School on Appleton Street in Holyoke.
- Valle Dwight writes: I second the Nonotuck Community School recommendation… was there five or six years. @Myanna — *I* went to St Paul’s Nursery School and I am 53 years old! I still remember naps on the ‘magic carpets’.
- Maxine Oland writes: The Amherst Montessori School in South Amherst is a wonderful nurturing place for my children, and a fabulous community for all of us. They believe that children can do amazing things, and that we just have to provide the right environment to let them bloom. Toddler room starts at 18 months, Children’s House at 2.9 years.