October 2nd Episode: Hilltown Family Variety Show (Podcast)
October 2nd Episode
Featured video: The Flannery Brothers perform “Pirate or Parrot?” off of their new CD, The New Explorers Club.
Repeat Button Award
We’re loving The Okee Dokee Brothers new CD, Take it Outside. Their combination of bluegrass and country sounds make for excellent breezy listening. We find their songs fun, entertaining, even educational, with lyrics reminiscent of country living. This album gets a 4-Star Repeat Button Award with four different repeat button requests being shouted from the back seat of the mini-van, including the songs: “Neighbors,” “Antidisestablishmentarianism,” “Tippy Toes” and “Auctioneer.”
- Station ID: Steve Weeks [www.steveweeksmusic.com]
- The Okee Dokee Brothers – “Neighbors” [Take it Outside]Music
- The Okee Dokee Brothers – “Naked Truth” [Take it Outside]Music
- Flannery Brothers – “Pirate or Parrot?” [The New Explorers Club]Music
- Claire Bloom – “The History of Seven Young Parrots (Of The Lake Pipple-Popple)” [Nonsense Stories and Poems by Edward Lear]
- Steve Songs – “The Pirate Song” [Little Superman]
- The Bazillions – “Super Sonic Rocket Bike” [Rock-n-Roll Recess]Music
- Station Id: Bill Harley [www.billharley.com]
- Caspar Babypants – “The Legend of the Bone” [This is Fun]Music
- Bill Harley – “Jack and the Singing Leaves” [The Best Candy in the Whole World and Other Stories by Bill Harley]Music
- The Okee Dokee Brothers – “The Extraterrestrials” [Take it Outside]Music
- Key Wilde & Mr. Clarke – “The Rattling Can” [Rise and Shine]
VALLEY FREE RADIO: It’s fundraising week over at our beloved community radio station, 103.3FM WXOJ (Northampton, MA). Visit Valley Free Radio online and make a donation to keep the station on air and equipment up-to-date. Any amount is welcomed! Visit www.valleyfreeradio.org and select the Donate Now button (large and up top) to make your pledge.
Valley Free Radio is a commercial-free community radio station that gets the vast majority of its funding from listeners like you! Make a donation of $20 or more during our show (Saturday, 9-10am) and receive a CD from one of the many wonderful family-genre musicians we feature every week on our show. Email us at email@example.com to let us know that you made your pledge. Thank you for supporting community radio!