Q&A: Where to Pick Local Pears?
QUESTION AND ANSWERS
Pears are coming into season soon. Do you know of a place families can PYO pears, or a farm stand to purchase fresh local pears? Share your favorite place to pick or purchase local pears!
- Heather Richardson wrote: I can’t wait to see what others say! I’d love to find local pears! I bought some from some guy on the side of the road last year! They were cheap and tasty… I even went back and got more! Hope I see him again this year!
- Liz Castro wrote: Wow, which road, which side? I love pears.
- Heather Richardson wrote: Liz, this was in Belchertown, MA (Rt.9 by the Sunoco Station/Saportitos/Napa Auto Parts).
- Alissa Imre Geis wrote: Clarkdale Fruit Farms in Deerfield, MA usually has pears. It is little early yet. They have excellent peaches, plums and early apples NOW!
- Jody Hadden wrote: I had a pear tree at my old house – seeing as I know the new owners… I just get mine there but I believe they have pick your own at Lakeview Orchard in Lanesboro, MA.
- Jennifer Reiffert wrote: Yum I want some! And I want to pick ’em please ♥
- Marissa Tenenbaum Potter wrote: Apex Orchard in Shelburne Falls, MA does organic Asian pears…
- Jennifer ‘kippy’ York wrote: Sentinel Farm on Cottage St. in Belchertown, MA has pick your own days in Sept and Oct. They have mostly apples but may have pears as well. www.sentinelfarm.com
- Arianna Alexsandra Grindrod wrote: We just bought pears from Brook Farm at the Ashfield Farmers Market. Maya nabbed one as soon as we got in the car and munched it til it was just a core.