Ticket Giveaway: The Buzz About Bees Family FunFest
The Buzz About Bees Family FunFest
Family Concert with Uncle Rock
Bees, Cat in the Hat, Science and More!
Friday, August 27th from 10am-4pm
Hilltown Families and the Springfield Museums have partnered up to offer a family 4-pack of tickets to The Buzz About Bees Family FunFest at the museum on Friday, August 27th, from 10 am-4 pm in downtown Springfield, MA, featuring a family concert with Uncle Rock. Deadline to enter to win is Wednesday, August 25th at 7pm (EST).
ABOUT THE BUZZ ABOUT BEES FAMILY FUNFEST
The Springfield Museums and WGBY Public Television are pairing up to present The Buzz about Bees Family FunFest to celebrate the launch of the new science-based PBS series The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! with activities for kids and families, including:
- Family concert with Uncle Rock (1pm)
- Special sneak preview of the premiere episode of the new PBS Kids program The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!
- Meet a bee keeper and learn about a real bee hive in the Science Museum
- Visit a honey market hosted by local bee keepers
- Join a scavenger hunt through the museum galleries
- Make bee antenna headbands
- Try on glasses that make you see like a bee
- Greet the Cat in the Hat and costumed bee characters as they travel through the Museums
ABOUT THE CAT IN THE HAT KNOWS A LOT ABOUT THAT!
A team of science and early childhood experts developed the curriculum for The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That!™ Each episode begins with a question posed by Sally or Nick. Guided by the Cat, the kids figure things out for themselves by observing, collecting and managing clues, making connections, constructing and evaluating theories, and having discussions — all in a preschool-appropriate manner.
To support the show’s science curriculum, educator-designed parent and teacher resources will be available this fall on PBS Parents (pbsparents.org) and PBS Teachers (pbsteachers.org) sites. A specially prepared The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That!™ Explorer’s Guide will empower parents and teachers to engage children in scientific inquiry, nurture their innate curiosity, and inspire them to stay excited and interested in science. The sites will also feature activities, tips, and strategies that parents and teachers can use to help children connect the science concepts in the series with their everyday explorations.
HOW TO WIN
Your chance to win a family 4-pack of tickets to The Buzz About Bees Family FunFest at the museum on Friday, August 27th, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in downtown Springfield, MA is as easy as 1-2-3 (4)! To win simply:
- SHARE A SCIENCE QUESTION YOUR KIDS MIGHT ASK BELOW (one entry per family) and be sure to tell us your
- FULL NAME (first/last) and where you
- LIVE (TOWN/STATE) must include your town to be eligible.
- ACCURATE EMAIL (we never share your email address).
- We’ll randomly draw two winners and will share the results below.
IT’S THAT SIMPLE! — Deadline is Wednesday, 08/25/10 @ 7pm (EST).
If you don’t win, you should still go! The Springfield Museums are located at the Quadrangle at 21 Edwards Street in downtown Springfield. Parking is free in the museum lots on Edwards Street. For more information call 413-263-6800, ext. 488.
STREET TEAM: HELP US SPREAD THE WORD AND EARN AN EXTRA ENTRY
In addition to posting a comment below as outlined above, be part of the Hilltown Families Street Team and participate in any of the following, earning one extra entry in our random drawing:
- Share this post with your Facebook pals (Add “Hilltown Families” to your post).
- Tweet about this contest on Twitter (Add @hilltwnfamilies to your tweet)
- Share this giveaway on your own blog (email the URL to email@example.com)
- Email five or more friends and tell them about this giveaway (CC your email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Once you have done any of these suggestions, we will add a thank you comment below with your name/town, adding another entry for you. If you participate as our Street Team and do not see a mention below, email us details before the deadline to let us know. Deadline is Wednesday, 08/25/10 @ 7pm (EST). A maximum of one extra entry per household may be added.