Q&A: What’s Your Favorite Family Card Game?
QUESTION AND ANSWERS
Playing card games on these lazy summer days with the family create great memories! What’s your favorite family card game to play with your kids?
- Jennifer Page responds: When I was a kid my brother and I played Spit a lot. It’s a 2-person game, but would be fun for family tournaments.
- Angie Gregory responds: Uno is always a go-to. And now my oldest is enjoying Set (which is not quite a cards-in-the-hands type game, but really fun and challenging… and colorful!)
- Phoebe Shaw responds: Casino
- Kathy Kristjanson-Gural responds: My son and I love playing Double Solitaire. We play to see if we can both put our cards up to the middle. That we play as a team instead of against each other. We have also really enjoyed Frog Juice, Rat-a-Tat Cat and Duck Duck Bruce (all by Gamewright, I believe).
- Jessica Day responds: Scrabble Slam! It’s fun and great for our seven-year-old… gotta stay on top of the spelling skills over the summer.
- Anita Morehouse responds: Cribbage.
- Jody Hadden responds: Uno!!!
- Julie Gouldman Russell responds: Love me some “Blink.”
- Jenn Drumm responds: We love Slamwich and Hiss, but you need to buy their deck as it’s not a card game for a regular set.
- Anne Campbell responds: Frog Juice, Sleeping Queens and Rat-a-Tat Cat. Anything we’ve tried by Gamewright has been great.
Other games recommended: