Q&A: Outdoor Swimming Pools in Western MA
QUESTION AND ANSWERS
Can anyone recommend an outdoor swimming pool to take the kids to in Western Massachusetts?
- Julie Gouldman Russell responds: If you happen to know someone who is a member – South Hadley has a great swimming club with an outdoor pool (or you could join yourself too).
- Jude McGowan responds: Northampton Country Club (fee/membership); Autumn Inn Elm St. in Northampton (fee/membership)?
- Jennifer Pierce responds: Mill River Recreation area in Amherst.
- Julianne Thibodeau Krutka responds: I love the public pool over in Agawam! It’s sponsored by the state. It’s in a great location tucked away off of North St. The name of it is the Gerald J. Mason Memorial Swimming Pool. It’s on Armory Street. (413)786-6254.
- Vicky George responds: Green River in Greenfield, MA. Just off I-91. It’s a part of the river that’s been made into a public swimming area, very nice. – DCR has a list of all public swimming pools in the state. Well, all the ones the Department of Conservation and Recreation has anything to do with.
- Theresa J Kelly Russell responds: Buckland Recreation Area. Two pools (one for the little ones!).
- Sienna Wildfield responds: A few more: Worthington Swim & Tennis Club in Worthington; Clarion Hotel in Northampton; John H. Thomas Memorial Swimming Pool in Springfield (Blunt Park Rd. 413-736-7699); Sara Jane Sherman Memorial Swimming Pool in Chicopee on Meadow Street.
- Sandra Dias responds: Nonotuck Park in Easthampton. Chicopee also has a pool at Szot Park. There is a fee for both.
War Memorial Pool in Amherst at the Amherst high school has reopened. Has open swims and adult lap times. Check http://www.lsse.org for details.
Easthampton has a pool and water park in Nonotuck Park.
The Holyoke Canoe Club on rt 5 between noho and holyoke right on the CT river has large pool and kiddie pool. A hidden gem. http://www.holyokecanoeclub.com/index.html
Can anyone please guide me to a real swimming pool (to be able to make laps and excersice and to have fun and just play around…).
Hey Sean, Please go ahead and post contact info for interested families. Thanks!
The Worthington Swim Club is a great little institution that could use some new swimmers! (And their families, of course) Let me know if you need contact info!
great info. thank you!