Q&A: Where to Donate Toys?
QUESTION AND ANSWERS
Heather Richardson writes: Anyone know where I can donate toys? My boys just have too many and I’d like to pass them on to someone who could use them either another family, daycare, or charity. I know Good Will does not take them. Thanks!
- Diane Hinze Kanzler replies: Salvation Army in Turners will take them, I have no doubt. Call ahead.
- Karen O’Connell Leet replies: You could try Freecycling them: groups.yahoo.com/group/hilltownfreecycle
- Sally Campbell Galman replies: I think Amherst Survival Center always needs toys.
- Sandie DeLuca Richardson replies: I know it’s far out, but there is a family in Pownal, VT that just lost everything in a fire – there is an article in thetranscript.com with details as to who to call, and where to send.
- Barbara Solow replies: Horizons for Homeless Children, a nonprofit that sets up playspaces for kids living in homeless and rehab shelters across the state.