PARENTS’ NIGHT OUT GIVEAWAY: Four Tickets to See “Playing For Change: Peace Through Music” in Noho!
Playing For Change: Peace Through Music
at the Calvin Theater in Northampton, MA
Friday, October 23rd, 2009 @ 8pm
Hilltown Families and Iron Horse Entertainment Group have partnered up to offer a chance to win free tickets to see adult venues in Northampton, MA for a PARENTS’ NIGHT OUT! You pay for the sitter, we’ll pay for the tickets!
This week we are pleased to offer a chance to win a 4-pack of tickets to see the Playing for Change project perform at the Calvin Theater in Northampton, MA, on Friday, October 23rd, at 8 pm, presented by WGBY. Win the tickets and invite other parents to come with you for a night out on the town. Deadline to enter to win is Wednesday, 10/21/09 @ 7pm (EST). More details below.
WHAT IS PLAYING FOR CHANGE?
Playing for Change (www.playingforchange.com) is a project that unites musicians and vocalists from diverse parts of the globe in a multimedia movement to connect a worldwide audience through music. Bill Moyers called it a remarkable example of “the simple yet transformative power of music… to touch something in each of us.”
Check out the video above from the award-winning documentary, “Playing For Change: Peace Through Music.” In this video comes an incredible rendition of the legendary Bob Marley song “One Love” with Keb’ Mo’ and Manu Chao.
The current members of the Playing For Change Band are:
- From New Orleans, Grandpa Elliott (lead vocals, harmonica)
- From Zimbabwe, Louis Mhlanga (electric guitar)
- From D.R./Congo, Mermans Kenkosenki and Jason Tamba
- From South Africa, Titi Tsira
- From Los Angeles, Peter Bunetta (drums)
- From Barcelona, Clarence Bekker
- From Venezuela, Juan Carlos Portillo
- From Ghana, Mohammed Alidu (talking drum, djembe)
HOW TO WIN
Your chance to win this free 4-pack of tickets is as easy as 1-2-3 (4)! To win simply
- POST A COMMENT BELOW (one entry per household) and be sure to tell us your
- FULL NAME and where you
- LIVE (TOWN/STATE) You must include your town and state to be eligible.
- ACCURATE EMAIL (we never share your email address).
- We’ll randomly draw a winner and will share the results below.
IT’S THAT SIMPLE! — Deadline is Wednesday, 10/21/09 @ 7pm