Recall of Body Boards Due to Lead Paint
Body Boards Recalled by JGR Copa Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.
- Name of Product: 18” Kick Body Boards
- Units: About 900
- Importer: JGR Copa LLC, of Hollywood, Fla.
- Hazard: The green surface coating of the screened logo “Big Lizard™ body boards” on the underside of the body board contains excessive levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standard.
- Incidents/Injuries: None reported.
- Description: This recall involves the 18” Kick Body Board. The boards have various designs on the front including peace signs, white hibiscus, or yellow smiley face. A green lizard and “Big Lizard™ body boards” are printed on the underside in green.
- Sold at: Beachwear Outlet, Bargain Beachwear, Beach Village Inc., FJ Health & Beauty, Mor USA Inc., Shipwreck-Ocean Jewels, Walmart and Wilcor International Inc. from January 2009 through May 2009 for about $4.
- Manufactured in: China
- Remedy: Consumer should take the recalled body boards away from children immediately and return them to place of purchase or contact JGR Copa for a full refund.
- Consumer Contact: For additional information, call JGR Copa at (800) 345-4408 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.jgrcopa.com