HFVS Music Giveaway – Putumayo Kids Presents: European Playground
Putumayo Kids Presents: European Playground
Putumayo Kids’ acclaimed Playground series has put out another wonderful international collection of both traditional and popular music, this time touring around Europe!
Being the home to nearly 50 countries, Europe is a diverse and culturally rich continent. With European Playground families will visit more than 15 different countries and hear 11 of the more than 30 languages spoken in Europe, taking listeners on a cross-genre musical tour around the continent.
HOME STUDY OF EUROPE
A 34-page booklet is included that features liner notes in four languages (English, Spanish, French & German), and a colorful map of Europe. Click here to download a free b/w map to use for a home study of Europe. Listen to each song on the CD and then have your kids find the country on the map and color the country in. Note that many of the countries are very close together, yet have vastly different languages and cultures.
A five page teaching guide to accompany this CD can be downloaded here. The learning objectives of this guide are:
- Learn about the culture and geography of Europe
- Train the students ears to listen for musical elements
- Understand that music is a universal language
- Gain awareness of the value of friends who are different from themselves
- Experience the benefits of working together
Another great on-line resource for European studies is The European Library. This library offers free access to resources from 48 national libraries of Europe (in 20 languages!) available for anyone around the world seeking books, maps, photographs, music, videos, and other materials.
HOW TO WIN:
Your chance to win a free copy of the new Putumayo Kids Presents: European Playground CD is as easy as 1-2-3 (4)! To win simply
- POST A COMMENT BELOW and be sure to tell us your
- FULL NAME and where you
- LIVE (TOWN/STATE) Must include your town and state to be eligible. We’ll randomly draw a winner from those who leave a comment (along with their full name and town/state) and contact the winner via email. So be sure to leave an
- ACCURATE EMAIL in the email field of the comment box (we never share your email address).
IT’S THAT SIMPLE! — Deadline is Wednesday, June 17th, 2009, @ 7pm (EST).