Recall of Educational Science Kits
Educational Craft Kits Recalled by FloraCraft Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard
- Name of product: Solar System Kits and DNA Kits
Units: About 930,000
- Manufacturer: FloraCraft Corp., of Ludington, Mich.
- Hazard: The surface coating on the educational kit’s wires can contain excessive levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standard.
- Description: This recall involves the “Solar System” and the “DNA” children’s educational craft kits sold under the FloraCraft and HYGLOSS brand names. (Click here to see images of Hygloss brand) The kits contain green coated wires that measure 14 ½ inches long and Styrofoam shapes. The following model numbers are included in this recall. The model number is located on the kit’s packaging:
|Craft Kits||Model Number|
|Solar System Kit||SS2003
- Sold at: Wal-Mart, Michaels, Jo-Ann Stores, Hobby Lobby and other retailers nationwide from January 2003 through February 2009 for between $10 and $30.
- Manufactured in: United States and China
- Remedy: Consumers should immediately take the craft kit’s wires away from children and contact FloraCraft to obtain free replacements.
- Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact FloraCraft Corp. toll-free at (866) 775-8781, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.floracraft.com
hilltownfamilies.wordpress.com – da best. Keep it going!
Super post, Need to mark it on Digg