HFVS Giveaway: (Tickets) Bill Harley with the Pioneer Valley Symphony
Special Family Performance
with the Pioneer Valley Symphony featuring
2009 Grammy Storyteller BILL HARLEY
and Peter and the Wolf
Greenfield High School Auditorium in Greenfield, MA
On Saturday, March 28th, 2009 @ 7pm
We are pleased to offer four free tickets to see the Pioneer Valley Symphony (PVS) featuring Grammy winning storyteller, Bill Harley and Peter and the Wolf in Greenfield, MA at the Greenfield High School Auditorium on Saturday, March 28th, at 7 pm, courtesy of PVS. Deadline to enter is Wednesday, 03/25/09 @ 7pm (EST). More details below.
This PVS Special Family Performance line-up will includes:
- JOHN WILLIAMS – Harry Potter Symphonic Suite
- BILL HARLEY – There’s a Pea on My Plate
- BILL HARLEY & PAUL PHILLIPS – Come On Out and Play
- SERGEI PROKOFIEV – Peter and the Wolf (narrated by Bill Harley)
- BILL HARLEY – You’re In Trouble
Bill Harley uses song and story to paint a vibrant picture of growing up, parenting and family life. Poignant and hilarious, his work spans the generation gap, reminds us of our common humanity and challenges us to be our very best selves. A prolific author and recording artist, Bill is also a regular commentator for NPR’s All Things Considered and featured on PBS. Harley’s newest recording, a live performance CD set and DVD, Yes to Running! Bill Harley Live won the 2009 GRAMMY AWARD for Best Spoken Word Album for Children, and has been the featured storyteller on Hilltown Family Variety Show numerous times! Click HERE to see videos of Bill’s live performances.
At his website, BillHarley.com, educators can find resources and curriculum to many of his songs and stories, including Come Out and Play (pdf) and You’re in Trouble (pdf), both being presented at this PVS Special Family Performance.
PIONEER VALLEY SYMPHONY
Bill Harley will be narrating Sergei Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf at the PVS Special Family Performance. Sergei Prokofiev was a great twentieth century Russian composer. He composed a number of pieces for young listeners and performers. The director of the Moscow Children’s Musical Theater asked him to compose something for them to perform and they decided to have a story about a child and a group of animals, in which each animal would be given a theme using a different instrument of the orchestra so that the audience would learn how the instruments look and sound.
HOW TO WIN
Your chance to win tickets to see the Bill Harley with the Pioneer Valley Symphony is as easy as 2-4-6! To win simply
- POST A COMMENT BELOW and be sure to tell us your
- FULL NAME and where you
- LIVE (TOWN/STATE) PLEASE include your town and state to be eligible. We’ll randomly draw a winner(s) from those who leave a comment (along with their full name and town/state) and post the results below.
- We have up to four free tickets to offer, so be sure to include how many tickets you would like to win.
- ACCURATE EMAIL (we never share your email address).
- The winner will be contacted with details on how to retrieve tickets via email upon the close of the contest.
IT’S THAT SIMPLE! — Deadline is Wednesday, 03/25/09 @ 7pm (EST).
Two runner ups will receive a copy of Bill Harley’s DVD, Yes to Running! Bill Harley Live which won the 2009 GRAMMY AWARD for Best Spoken Word Album for Children.
If you don’t win you should still go! Tickets are available here.
Remember to include:
- FULL NAME
- TOWN (just the town, no addresses please)
- NUMBER OF TICKETS
in your comment to be eligible.