Hilltown Affordable Housing Updates
Andrew Baker, Executive Director of HCDC, of Chesterfield, MA writes:
Below is a brief update on Hilltown CDC’s affrodable housing programs in the Hilltowns. If you have friends or neighbors who might find this information useful, please forward it along.
- Housing Survey: Below is the link to our Hilltown Housing Needs Survey. Please give us your input. The survey covers Hilltown housing issues such as senior housing, housing rehab, rental housing and first time homebuyer needs. Your responses will help improve our housing programs. It should take about ten minutes to complete. If you copy and paste the link into your browser it will take you to the on-line Survey. Click here to take the survey.
- Affordable Housing Expo: On January 15, 2009 from 4:30 to 6:30 pm, the Massachusetts Housing Partnership will sponsor an Affordable Housing Expo at Hampshire College’s Red Barn in Amherst. Hilltown CDC and 8 other area affordable housing developers will make brief presentations about our projects from 5:00 – 6:30 pm. There will be displays and handouts. It’s a good opportunity to see what is happening in housing in the Pioneer Valley in one place. The event is free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be served. For more info or to RSVP, contact Connie Kruger at (413) 253-7379 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upcoming First Time Homebuyer Workshop: Hilltown CDC will be holding its next workshop series for first time homebuyers on January 24th, 31st and February 7th from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at the Hilltown CDC Office, 387 Main Road, Chesterfield. The workshop series is free. Participants receive a certificate of completion which is required for specialized mortgage products and assistance. Hilltown CDC also has financing assistance available to income-eligible homebuyers (up to $35,000 per household). Contact Bea von Hagke to register at (413) 296-4536 ext. 15 or email@example.com.
- Affordable Rental Housing: Hilltown CDC owns and manages affordable rental apartments in Chesterfield, Williamsburg and Huntington. To inquire about vacancies and to make an application, contact Yamilet Boston at Home City Housing Corporation: (877) 889-3259.
- Housing Rehabilitation: Hilltown CDC is building a waiting list for income eligible homeowners in need of health and safety related housing repairs (roof, foundation, boiler, septic, well, plumbing, electric, lead paint, asbestos removal and more). Eligible homeowners in Chesterfield, Cummington, Goshen, Plainfield, Westhampton, Williamsburg and Worthington may qualify for zero-interest deferred payment loans which do not have to be repaid if you stay in your home for at least 15 years.
For details on these and other Hilltown CDC programs, visit our web site at www.hilltowncdc.org.