Ben Rudnick Guest DJ Episode on HFVS (01/08/08)
WXOJ LP – 103.3 FM – Valley Free Radio
Tuesday evening @ 7pm
- Buck Howdy With BB – “Hoe Down” [Chickens]
- Ben Rudnick and Friends – “I Need A Hand” [The Challenger: Baseball Song and Other Hits]
- Ellis Paul – “The Little Red Rose” [The Dragonfly Races]
- Ben Rudnick and Friends – “Macaroni & Cheese” [Fun and Games]
- Trout Fishing In America – “What I Want Is A Proper Cup Of Coffee” [Big Trouble]
- Victor Johnson – “Hey Diddle Diddle” [Dreamtime]
- Ben Rudnick and Friends – “Grace’s Bell” [Grace’s Bell]
- New Grass Revival – “One Love / People Get Ready” [On the Boulevard]
NEW YEAR’S EVE WITH BEN
How lucky we were to have Ben Rudnick in studio to guest DJ an episode of HFVS with Persephone! A great guy with a GREAT band, Ben Rudnick & Friends (BR&F). Persephone & I got to enjoy a New Year’s Eve performance by BR&F at the Berkshire Museum in Pittsfield, MA (Click here to see photos). The snow was heavy outside the museum after the previous evening’s snowfall, and families filtered in, filling chairs with coats, scarves and mittens. With Ben on guitar, John on mandolin and Arni on bass, these three seasoned performers started singing and playing, giving the audience a real American roots style concert … and the kids couldn’t keep still! Thirteen years of playing together shined through, giving the audience a Class Act performance. But if my gushing over BR&F isn’t convincing enough that this is a band your family must discover, take it from Parent’s Choice and NAPPA who have doled out a number of awards to this finger pickin’ good band. Look for new music by BR&F this year!
THIS WEEK’S CONTEST
This week we’re offering Ben Rudnick music and apparel:
- We have two copies of Grace’s Bell to give away:
- along with their award winning t-shirt (Kid’s Pick) submitted to the HFVS T-shirt Review:
Without a doubt, Ben Rudnick & Friends design was one of the top three designs amongst our “Official Reviewers,” getting the most positive comments out of all submitted t-shirts. This design pulled off the blend of color and graphic design that appealed most to the kids. “I like the pink in the middle and red in a circle,” commented Antonia (age 5) of Florence, MA. “I like the cool guitar and the three eyes!” shared Jaden (age 5). It is noted that the tie-dye designs can vary, with blue centers and green swirls, or orange centers with yellow swirls … they can all turn out with different patterns and colors, which gives every shirt its own unique aspects.
HOW TO WIN: For your chance to win, simply post us a comment below. We’ll randomly draw TWO winners from everyone who leaves a comment. IT’S THAT SIMPLE! — Deadline is 01/15/08 @ 7pm (EST).
PAST EPISODES OF HFVS [Click episode title to listen now]
HEAR HERE:The Hilltown Family Variety Show can be heard on-air every Tuesday from 7-7:30pm on WXOJ LP, 103.3 FM, Valley Free Radio, out of Northampton, MA.
SUGGEST A SONG: Post your feedback & music suggestions below, or email Sienna & Persephone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMIT AUDIO, VIDEO & LITERATURE: Mail a press kit & media to be reviewed to HFVS, P.O. Box 98, West Chesterfield, MA 01084.