Earth Awareness Program for Families in the Hilltowns
Path of the Otter Program in Ashfield
Path of the Otter is a newer family program in the hilltowns for children ages 5-7. This program is a playful introduction to earth awareness, nature exploration and naturalist and wilderness living skills. Kids participating will:
- Learn to recognize, identify and follow animal signs
- Learn to listen for and understand birds and bird language
- Be introduced to exploration and survival skills
- Learn to identify plants and their uses and hazards
- To develop their senses
- To be engaged in imaginative play
- To listen to and tell stories
This program will be on Saturdays once a month, from 10am – 1 pm in Ashfield, MA. Dates include:
“My daughter loved the Path of the Otter fall program. She enjoyed learning how to make a shelter with sticks and leaves, and she keeps talking about Rona’s fire making demonstration. This program is highly recommended for young, budding naturalists!“– Sienna Wildfield, Hilltown Families
Path of the Otter is an Earthwork Program ($$) and will be led by Rona Leventhal. Rona is an educator, storyteller and performer who weaves her skills together to engage children in the wonders of the natural world.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, directions or to register call Erik or Lauren Abend at 413.625.6056.