Water Cycle Episode on HFVS (11/20/07)
WXOJ LP – 103.3 FM – Valley Free Radio
Tuesday evening @ 7pm
- Milkshake – “Rain Day” [Bottle of Sunshine]
- Scott Flory – “PSA for Rain” [Soundzania]
- Lunch Money – “Umbrella” [Silly Reflection]
- Dan Zanes & Friends – “Weather Report” [Rocket Ship Beach]
- Charity and the JAMband – “Weather Report” [Peanut Butter and JAM]
- Steve Songs – “Water Cycle” [Marvelous Day!]
- The Sippy Cups – “Springtime Fantastic” [Electric Storyland]
- Parker Bent – “I Love A Rainy Day” [Charlie Davidson’s Tricycle Club]
- Taj Mahal – “Light Rain” [Shake Sugaree]
- Mr. Nicky – “The Watercycle” [Science Project]
- Ticklefish – “Weather or Not” [Icky Sticky]
THE WATER CYCLE
This week’s Water Cycle Episode goes out to the Yellow’s (2nd & 3rd graders) at Hilltown Cooperative Community Public School who are studying the water cycle.
We’ve found a few web sites exploring the water cycle that kids and educators might enjoy. Click here to share a water cycle web site/resource you’ve discovered:
- Thirstin’s Water Cycle – Put out by the EPA; reviews rain, water storage, vapor and clouds through flash video for kids.
- Droplet – NASA has put together a water cycle game for kids.
- The Illinois EPA shows how to make a water cycle wheel for kids.
- Enchanted Learning posted a water cycle diagram that can be used for curriculum planning.
- The Water Education Foundation has a Water Kids page.
- ProTeacher! offers water lesson plans that, including the topics of evaporation, water, water cycle and weather.
- For teachers and homeschoolers, National Geographic has a water lesson plan.
And here’s a cute video for the younger crowd titled, The Cat Who Hated Rain, originally aired on Sesame Street, and animated by Bruce Cayard. A cat wishes the rain away and the consequenses of no rain are illustrated. Appropriate for all ages.
on winning a CD & T-shirt of Gwendolyn and the Good Time Gang!
THIS WEEK’S CONTEST
“WGosh!� We are so honored to be one of the winners.� Always a nice thing.� Glad you liked Moo.� Right now she’s pouting in the studio.� Seems Mikel told a bad cow joke (“What do you call a dancing cow?� A milk shake!”)� She wasn’t amused.� So I’m off to make her a sprout sandwich and pour her a tall glass of veggie juice.” – Lisa from Milkshake.
For your chance to win simply post us a comment below. We’ll draw a winner from everyone who leaves a comment. IT’S THAT SIMPLE! Deadline is 11/27/07 @ 7pm (EST).