Summer Vacation Episode on HFVS (August 14th, 2007)
HILLTOWN FAMILY VARIETY SHOW
WXOJ LP – 103.3 FM – Valley Free Radio
August 14th, 2007 @ 7pm
Summer Vacation Episode
- Dave Rudolf – “This Old Vacation” [Stupendously, Silly Skits, Sounds, and Stories]
- The Chenille Sisters – “On A Vacation” [A Child’s Celebration of the World]
- Johnny Bregar – “Summertime” [Hootenanny]
- Jawbone – “Popsicle Soup” [The Family Hootenanny]
- Steve Weeks – “Zed and Zoey” [Rabbit Run]
- Ben Rudnick & Friends – “Sun Showers” [Fun and Games]
- Taj Mahal – “Light Rain” [Shake Sugaree]
- Gunnar Madsen -“Selling Lemonade” [Old Mr. Mackle Hackle]
- Dan Zanes – “In the Evening” [Family Dance]
- They Might Be Giants -“Goodnight My Friends” [Here Come The ABCs]
This summer we had a few different adventures with which to fill our scrapbook, including a week’s vacation at the New Jersey Shore and another week on the Blue Hill Peninsula in Maine. Out of all our adventures, I’d have to say that Maine was the most memorable. I played the role of a tourist to a T, going so far as to hang out the car window snapping photos of the landscape as we traveled around Eggemoggin Reach and Caterpillar Mountain. I have about fifty blurry road side images to share with my family down south. They’ll be soooo excited!!!
When I was little my family would travel from East Texas to Louisiana to visit relatives during the summer. My older cousins taught me how to snatch sugar cane off the trucks as they came rambling by on the back roads of Maringouin; while my other cousins in Terrebonne Parish would take me down to Black Bayou to go fishing for catfish in the morning or frog hunting in the evening. I remember my uncle bringing home a bushel of crawfish to boil (after the kids played with them on the carport) and my aunt serving homemade root beer on ice to go along with them.
The memories of our childhood summer vacations stay with us forever. LobSTAH and blueberry picking in Maine, along with the bike riding on the boardwalk and saltwater taffy on the NJ Shore, are sure to leave my daughter with many delightful memories from this past summer. Even the disaster vacation experiences we’ve all had leave us with good stories to tell at dinner parties and to strangers on long plane rides. Vacations are funny that way.
PAST EPISODES OF HFVS [Click episode title to listen now]
- Uncle Rock Guest DJ Episode [07/31/04]
- Farmyard Jungle Episode [07/24/07]
- Toys in the Attic Episode [07/17/07]
- Butterflies in the Park Episode [07/10/07]
- Birthday Bash Episode [07/03/07]
- Summer Bike Riding Episode [06/27/07]
- Strawberry Episode [06/19/07]
- Cricket Episode [06/12/07]
- Blue(grass) Moon Episode [06/05/07]
- When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Superhero Episode [05/29/07]
- Fish Fry Episode [05/22/07]
- Cats & Dogs (Sharks & Eels) Episode [05/15/07]
- Click here for a few more
HEAR HERE:The Hilltown Family Variety Show can be heard on-air every Tuesday from 7-7:30pm on WXOJ LP, 103.3 FM, Valley Free Radio, out of Northampton, MA.
SUGGEST A SONG: Post your feedback & music suggestions below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMIT AUDIO, VIDEO & LITERATURE: Mail a press kit & media to be reviewed to HFVS, P.O. Box 98, West Chesterfield, MA 01084.