HFVS Father’s Day Episode 2007 (Radio Show/Podcast)
Listen to Podcast:
FATHER’S DAY EPISODE
Hilltown Family Variety Show
WXOJ LP – 103.3 FM
June 12th, 2007 @ 7pm
- Eric Herman – “Steve The Superhero”
- Yosi Levin – “Carmel Crunchies”
- Milkshake Music – “Fingers & Toes”
- Fats Waller – “Your Feet’s Too Big”
- The Ditty Bops – “You’re Head’s Too Big”
- Ginger Hendrix – “My Daddy Loves Tools”
- The Cornell Hurd Band – “Don’t Wipe Your Face With Your Shirt”
- Frances England – “Daddy-O”
- The Rhodes Tavern Troubadours – “Sherpa”
- Brady Rymer – “Dilly Dally Daisy (reprise)”
- Steve Weeks – “Cricket Little Cricket”
- Montag – “Kiddo 1”
- Elizabeth Street – “Cricket Songs”
- Montag – “Kiddo 3”
For years, pre-child, Father’s Day meant one thing to me … Clearwater Music Festival! I’ve taken my daughter on a member’s sail on the Sloop Clearwater, but this will be her first festival, which has fallen on Father’s Day for as long as I can remember. A great way to celebrate Father’s Day!
The CMF began 35 years ago through the tireless efforts of environmental activist and folk singer Pete Seeger. It has grown into the country’s largest annual environmental celebration with music, dance and storytelling, education and activism, attracting as many as 15,000 people of all ages to the shores of the Hudson River.
Over 90 performers, singers, songwriters, musicians, bands and storytellers representing a diverse mix of traditional and contemporary American Roots music, dance and storytelling, from Blues to Rock, Bluegrass to Jazz, Funk to Folk, Swing, & Cajun, Square and Zydeco. Six stages powered with sustainable energy presenting top quality and purposeful music all weekend.
Some of the headliners include the Cowboy Junkies, Buffy Sainte-Marie and Bruce Cockburn. On the Family Stage this year is a great line-up of fine talent, several you’ve heard here on HFVS, including:
CRICKET LITTLE CRICKET
Our featured new music this week is a single by Steve Weeks, “Cricket Little Cricket”. It’s a sweet tribute to his daughter Molly (Cricket). Steve Weeks is a talented singer songwriter (and I’m sure a great dad too!). His accolades include Parents’ Choice Recommended Award Winner, APPA Honors Award Winner and International Songwriting Competition Finalist, among others.
The single is available as a free download on Steve’s website at www.steveweeksmusic.com. If you like what you hear, be sure to support this artist by purchasing one (or all) of his albums. (nudge, nudge)
We’ve asked Steve to write our Father’s Day post on Hilltown Families. Check back with us to share in Steve’s thoughts.
FEATURED ALBUMS (REVIEWED BY ZOOGLOBBLE)
- Snow Day – Eric Herman and the Invisible Band
- What’s Eatin’ Yosi? – Yosi Levin
- Macaroni Boy Eats at Chez Shooby Doo – Ginger Hendrix
- The Bottle Let Me Down: Songs for Bumpy Wagon Rides – Various Artists (The Cornell Hurd Band)
- Fascinating Creatures – Frances England
- Turn It Up Mommy! – The RTTs
- Every Day Is A Birthday – Brady Rymer
- Different – Elizabeth Street