HFVS When I Grow Up Episode (Radio Show/Podcast)
Listen to Podcast:
WHEN I GROW UP EPISODE
Hilltown Family Variety Show
WXOJ LP – 103.3 FM
May 29th, 2007 @ 7pm
- Deedle Deedle Dees – “Deedle Deedle Dees Theme I”
- Dog On Fleas – “The Coo Coo”
- Pop Rockets – “Trucks!”
- Suzi Shelton off Park Slope Parents The Album – “One Day On The Porch”
- Asylum Street Spankers – “When I Grow Up”
- Michelle Shocked – “When I Grow Up”
- Mr. Richard – “The Please Don’t Tell Me You’re Gonna Wear That Superhero Costume Again Blues”
- Milkshake – Superhero
WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A BUG DOCTOR
Pre-Pinching Beetle Trauma, my daughter wanted to be a bug doctor. Now she says she still wants to be a bug doctor when she grows up, but she’s more cautious with her coddling. If you have a child that doesn’t scream when a bee flies towards her, or makes stomping on ants a competitive sport, then you just might have a future bug doctor on your hands too. There are many books available on arthropods and spiders, including guides to use out in the field to identify any bug your child may thrust towards you while asking if it’s poisonous or not. Click here to read more.
Not so fond of insects? Then you must not live in the hills. Herbalist Tony(a) Lemos, a contributing writer for Hilltown Families, put together an article just for you (and the rest of us too). Click here to discover how to make bug repellant using essential oils and natural bases.
UPCOMING CONCERTS IN WESTERN MASS
- Pop Rockets – My daughter & I saw the Pop Rockets perform at Cup and Top this past February. The place was ROCKIN’! They put on a great show. Their upcoming performance schedule for our area: June 9th & 10th in South Deerfield, June 22nd at Look Park, and July 14th & 30th in Greenfield. Click here to find out the places and time of performance.
- The Nields – These ladies will be performing a special, private kids show in Northampton on June 10th. The performance is by invitation only. Click here to find out what you must do to be invited.
- Deedle Deedle Dees – These guys with be at Artifacts in Florence, MA, on June 16th @ 6pm. In the a.m. you can catch Ulysses S. Dee performing solo at Cup & Top in the old Go West Building in Florence, MA. Can’t make any of these performances? Then listen to Spare the Rock, Spoil the Child between 8am & 10am for a live solo performance.
- Michelle Shocked – She did a fantastic performance in Shelburne Falls for mother’s day. She’ll be back in our area for another evening performance in Northampton on June 29th. Click here to find out time and location.
- Uncle Rock – Have you reserved your tickets yet? Hilltown Families & Spare the Rock, Spoil the Child will be presenting Uncle Rock at the Children’s Art Museum in Shelburne Falls in July. Click here to read more.
FEATURED ALBUM REVIEWS ON ZOOGLOBBLE:
- Mommy Says No! – Asylum Street Spankers
- Freedom in a Box – The Deedle Deedle Dees
- When I Get Little – Dog on Fleas
- Park Slope Parents The Album (Vol. 1)
- Play! – Milk Shake
- Tummy Talk – Mr. Richard