Pet Week – Can Dogs Have Dog Days?
National Pet Week (May 6th – 12th)
- Promote responsible pet ownership
- Celebrate our connections with our pets
- Bring awareness of veterinarian practices
To follow are several on-line resources for families that offer lesson plans, curricula, activity sheets, information on pet health, and interactive games.
NATIONAL PET WEEK WEB SITE
The National Pet Week Web site (www.petweek.org) features interactive and educational games, downloadable activities and curricula for teachers, and information on pet health issues for owners.
The American Veterinary Medical Association has developed twelve lessons and activity sheets grammar school teachers can download and use in their classrooms during National Pet Week. Each activity is written for a specific grade level and meets national teaching standards in science and language arts.
The goal of Petpourri is part of the AVMA and promotes responsible pet care and ownership. This site offers activities and worksheets and is a good site to prepare children for pet ownership.
- To teach children that pets need food, water, shelter and exercise
- To teach children that pets are dependent on people for their existence
- To teach students that pets need love
- To teach students the basic techniques in handling pets
- To promote veterinary medicine
MISC SITES OF INTEREST