Catch the Beat for Your (MA) Library
Help your library this April
Catch the Beat for Your Library at Barnes and Noble, will be held on April 20-21, 2007 to raise much needed funding for Summer Reading Programs in Massachusetts libraries. The Massachusetts Regional Library Systems, Massachusetts Library Association, Massachusetts School Library Association, local libraries across the state, and Barnes & Noble have teamed up for this two day event, sure to please families throughout Massachusetts.
Barnes and Noble will donate a percentage of every sale from every customer who presents a book fair voucher at any participating Barnes and Noble store on those two days. The collaboration represents a growing trend in libraries to seek out partners to help fund programs that improve the quality of life for residents. Through partnerships with organizations and individuals, Massachusetts libraries continue to discover alternative ways of funding high quality library programs and services statewide.
Where: At all Barnes and Noble stores throughout Massachusetts, and select stores in New Hampshire, Connecticut and Rhode Island. Participating Store Locations
When: Friday, April 20 and Saturday, April 21, 2007
Please shop with a Bookfair Voucher at any participating Barnes & Noble store on April 20 and 21. Fifteen percent of the amount of your purchase will go to fund materials and services for Massachusetts libraries to conduct our upcoming Catch the Beat at Your Library Summer Reading Program.
Vouchers may be used for books, CDs, DVDs, toys, and even snacks or coffee in the cafe! (Gift cards and Barnes & Noble Memberships are not included.) Be sure to write in the name of your local library on the voucher – the library that brings in the most vouchers will win a $500 gift card!
Many libraries will have Wish Lists available for shoppers who wish to donate books to their local libraries. Check with your Barnes and Noble store for more information.
How to participate:
Present a book fair voucher at any participating Barnes and Noble store on April 20 and 21 when you make a purchase. How to obtain a voucher:
- Download from 2007 Massachusetts Library Bookfair website:
- Barnes and Noble Stores – Vouchers will only be given out on April 20 and 21, and only to those customers who request a voucher at the cash registers at all Barnes & Noble stores. Special events will take place at many B&N stores during this two-day fundraising event. Please check our Special Events page or contact your local store for more information.
Who will benefit?
- Local libraries across the Commonwealth of MA
- Massachusetts Regional Library Systems
- Massachusetts Library Association
- Massachusetts School Library Association
*Special Note to teachers and librarians: Book Fair vouchers cannot be combined with the Barnes and Noble Educators’ Discount.