Easter Candy Lore
- The first chocolate eggs were made in Europe in the early 19th century and remain among the most popular treats associated with Easter.
- 90 million chocolate Easter bunnies are made for Easter each year.
- 16 billion jelly beans are made for Easter.
- Each day, five million marshmallow chicks and bunnies are produced in preparation for Easter.
- Easter is the second top-selling confectionery holiday behind only Halloween.
- 88 percent of adults carry on the Easter tradition of creating Easter baskets for their kids.
- 76 percent of people eat the ears on chocolate bunnies first.
- Red jelly beans are kids’ favorite.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records the largest Easter egg ever made was just over 25-ft high and made of chocolate and marshmallow. The egg weighed 8,968 lbs. and was supported by an internal steel frame.